Hospitality Management Courses
SIT50422 Diploma of Hospitality Management
- Minimum five (5) years of study in English in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Britain, America, South America or Ireland.
- Completed In Australia A Substantial Component (At Least 50%) Of A Qualification At AQF Level 4 Or Higher in English.
- Successfully Completed In Australia Year 12 Of Secondary School In English.
- Completed a recognised ELICOS program and achieved an English Proficiency level of upper intermediate or equivalent.
Students who complete this course may wish to continue their education into a range of Advanced Diploma qualifications, such as the SIT60316 Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management.
After graduating, you could find employment in the following positions:
- banquet or function manager
- bar manager
- café manager
- club manager
- front office manager
- motel manager
- restaurant manager
Find information on employment for management and other roles in the hospitality sector, as well as salary information, on the government job-data site : Click Here
|SITXCCS015||Enhance customer service experiences||NIL|
|SITXCCS016||Develop and manage quality customer service practices||NIL|
|SITXFIN009||Manage finances within a budget||NIL|
|SITXFIN010||Prepare and monitor budgets||NIL|
|SITXGLC002||Identify and manage legal risks and comply with law||NIL|
|SITXHRM009||Lead and manage people||NIL|
|SITXMGT004||Monitor work operations||NIL|
|SITXMGT005||Establish and conduct business relationships||NIL|
|SITXWHS007||Implement and monitor work health and safety practices||NIL|
|SITXFSA005||Use hygienic practices for food safety||Nil|
|SITHCCC023*||Use food preparation equipment||SITXFSA005|
|SITHCCC027*||Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery||SITXFSA005|
|SITHCCC029*||Prepare stocks, sauces and soups||SITXFSA005|
|SITHCCC030*||Prepare vegetable, fruit, eggs and farinaceous dishes||SITXFSA005|
|SITHCCC035*||Prepare poultry dishes||SITXFSA005|
|SITHCCC028*||Prepare appetisers and salads||SITXFSA005|
|SITHCCC036*||Prepare meat dishes||SITXFSA005|
|SITHCCC037*||Prepare seafood dishes||SITXFSA005|
|SITHCCC041*||Produce cakes, pastries and breads||SITXFSA005|
|SITHCCC039*||Produce pates and terrines||SITXFSA005|
|SITHCCC026*||Package prepared foodstuffs||SITXFSA005|
|SITHCCC040*||Prepare and serve cheese||SITXFSA005|
|SITHCCC031||Prepare vegetarian and vegan dishes||SITXFSA005|
|SITHCCC042*||Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements||SITXFSA005|
|SITHKOP013*||Plan cooking operations||SITXFSA005|
|SITXWHS008||Establish and maintain a work health and safety system||Nil|
Minimum weekly class hours scheduled: 20 hours
- Practical placement is a compulsory component of this course in order to achieve this qualification. 48 hours in an operational commercial kitchen work placement required.
- Further information: https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/SIT50416